Monday, October 12, 2009

It's your life.

As I was driving home from a great day at work, "It's Your Life" by Francesca Battistelli came on the radio. I was listening to the words and they really spoke to me and some things that I am going through. The chorus goes:

It's your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Everyday the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It's an open door
It's your life

These words reminded me that this is my life and not to let other people look down on me for who I am. The choices I make or do not make are my decision and I should not feel bad or embarrassed for those choices. I should be proud of who I am, who I have become, and who I will be. I want people to look at my life and the decisions I make and realize that my heart beats for God. Above all he is more important than any other relationship or any material thing. I need to remind myself to focus on Him and other things will work out as He has planned. This is hard when we all want control of our lives but I have to remember and am reminded daily that He is the one in control. Like the chorus says...it's an open door. The possibilities for my life are endless and it's just open for me to trust in Him and follow the plan He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment