Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God is truly leading me.

I am truly amazed at God's plan and how he leads us. I was reminded of this recently. About a year ago I decided that I was very interested in the service-learning area of Student Affairs. I decided that I would plan an Alternative Spring Break trip during 2010. My internship this semester is to plan a detailed trip including theory, curriculum and a recruitment and fund-raising plan. Over the past couple of months I have been struggling with finding the ideal location for the trip. I have really stressed about it and even lost my passion for the project because I was making no headway. This all changed. As most of you reading this probably know, I have attended Texas A&M University for going on 6 years. We have 8 American Samoa students. Their families have all been impacted by the earthquake and tsunami that hit those villages. I attended a meeting these students and truly witnessed their emotion and their pain during this time. I was completely humbled. Their passion touched me. I understand what they are going through, as I have been in the middle of a semester and faced loss. It is so hard to sit in class and carry on with college life, when your life has completely halted and all you can think about it the pain and sadness. Through this meeting I realized that God is calling me to work with these students and other students at A&M Commerce. I feel like I am being called to plan a trip to take our students there to help during all of this devastation. I will continue to pray about it knowing the size of this project and the amount of time and energy that I will have to put in to make this happen. No matter what happens I am humbled by the plans God has for each and every one of us and how it seems sometimes that he aligns the stars for us.

1 comment:

  1. God IS good...and yes, He DOES lead us and align our paths. He IS a God of details and His plan IS best. Why are we so simple minded and faithless sometimes, so quickly losing sight of His plan and history of provision...only to grasp at the sifting sand of our own wills and not-so-intelligent plans? What is it that the Bible tells us...something to the effect of, "the wisdom of man is the foolishness of God."

    ReplyDelete